Monday to Friday
PURPOSE OF JOB: To help prepare and present food to a high standard which exceeds customers' needs.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Catering Manager
- To prepare and serve food and drinks in line with the Environmental Health Standards.
- To work together, assisting other team members in a common goal and vision of achieving sales and profit budgets by delighting our customers through our place, product and service.
Kitchen Assistant’s Duties
- Assist in preparing and serving a wide range of high quality hot and cold food products
- Ensure that high quality food and excellent customer service are delivered at all times
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping standards in-line with company requirements
- Ensure all food products/ingredients are re-stocked efficiently and stored according to company policy or as directed
- Always displays a professional image by wearing a clean and presentable company issue uniform including a name badge
- Participate in any relevant training session as encouraged by Management
- Be aware of the company security policy and react accordingly so as to minimise losses, both internally and externally
- Fully comply with the company's health and safety policy and food hygiene requirements
- Perform any other work related duties as directed by the Restaurant management e.g. stock-taking etc
- To work with fellow team members to a shared vision and common goal of achieving sales and profit budgets by delighting our target customers through our place, product and service.
- To create an atmosphere where all the staff are moving fast, aiming for high productivity and efficiency, always keeping up at busy customer peak times.
- To ask for assistance from other garden centre staff when you are at peak and in danger of not coping, and likewise to offer your assistance to the garden centre at quiet times, helping each other out.
- To liaise with display specialists, enabling them to help increase sales through inspirational displays in the Café.
- To contribute to weekly staff meetings and training sessions as appropriate.
Presentation and the Place
- To achieve high levels of personal productivity and pace, getting things done quickly, efficiently and to a high standard.
- To ensure that all regulations laid down by the Environmental Health are adhered to at all times.
- To make sure that where necessary the food is prepared early enough in the day to cope with peaks at busy times
- To ensure that the whole place is cleaned and disinfected at the end of each shift.
- To make sure that the food is rotated regularly to avoid any waste.
- To make sure that all deliveries are checked off against stock arriving, that delivery notes match up with invoices and that the product is priced as agreed.
- To administer check on 'fridge and freezer temperature.
Free parking is available on site.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience to work for us please contact the HR Department:
HR Department, Bourne Valley Garden Centre, Woodham Park Road, Woodham, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 3TH